Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Utah!!!

My trip to Utah in a nutshell. Busy! But I wouldn't have had it any other way! I still feel bad for being gone on our actual anniversary but I'm glad we still got to celebrate it! I had a lot of fun seeing/spending time with family and friends! I wish I could have done a lot more, but time just flew by! I didn't get to see Erika at school, or play with Ryker. Next time it will be a must!

Some of the things I got to enjoy were:
Friday- Left Omaha around 1:30 then arrived in in SLC at 3:30. Ate Chickfila. Drove to Manti. Attended 6:30 session. Drove back to Alpine and stayed the night at Gregory's. Enjoyed a late night talk with some family members. Oh and I threw away my debit card at the airport in Nebraska! oops..
Having fun in the plane

Manti Temple

Saturday- Lazy morning, CPK with some of Bryson's siblings, Val Deans 4th bday party. Cafe Rio with my parents and we slept at their house.
The Birthday Boy!

Having Fun!
Getting Rides
Sunday- Sacrament meeting with Bryson's family then again with my family. Nap time for Akoy! (first good nap) A few family pictures (thanks Amanda!). Dinner with Gregory's. Then it was off to the airport for Bryson! :( A lot harder than I expected! Spoonful of cinnamon challenge. I actually did it! I'm still waiting for my 100 bucks from Amanda and 20 bucks from Lindsey ;)  Back to my parents to sleep for the rest of the week.
Playing with the uncles and having fun with Granddad's car!

Monday- Spent time with my mom. Hung out with Hilary!  Dinner with Drew and Mandy at a place similar to Tepanyaki. Awkward FHE with the singles ward. I called my brother and he said they were having FHE. I didn't realize it was for the singles ward and the rest of my famliy was gone. Needless to say, I stayed in the basement! :)
Dinner with Ashton
Tuesday- Afternoon with Amanda- mall and chickfila! Akoy cut his head open and probably should have gotten a stitch. Oh well! Got a couple shirts for Akoy. Dinner at my sisters house while we gave Akoy a little nap!
One of the many car ride naps!

Wednesday- Lunch at Freedom! So good to see everybody there! I miss working with all those people! I had such a good job. I even watched Megan teach a little! It was awesome! Visited Bryson's dad at work!
Watching Miss Menlove teach :)
Hanging out in Megan's reading chairs

Straight A student coming right up!
Thursday- Dropped Akoy off at Bryson's mom, she babysat while I got my hair done! Much needed! Picked up Akoy in Alpine and then went to Petersons. This family is the best! I used to babysit for them and they gave Akoy a bunch of babystuff. So good to see those kids, they all have grown so much! Picked up Akoy's records at the Pediatrician.  Dinner at Olive Garden with all the girls in my family. So good to spend time with them without kids! Then we strolled around Target until they kicked us out at closing. Slept over at my sisters.
Driving/Watching TV

Friday- played with my sister Brooke and her kids. Visited/played with Aubry and Coen, Visited the dealership and said goodbyes to all the Gregory's. Jailbroke my phone. Drove to the airport and flew home! Akoy did so good on the plane. I was worried because he didn't get a good nap. He sat on my lap the entire time! However, he chocked on a cracker at the end and threw up a bunch. Then they sent my stroller to baggage claim instead of gate checked it. I had to carry Akoy, diaper bag, computer and trying to hold all the puke in a blanket. Not fun. BUT then I got to see my BEST friend!
Playing with Grandpa


It feels so good to be home. I really loved being in Utah but I truly missed everything here in Nebraksa. Bryson and I have found our nitch and it was sad to be away from everything! I missed music makers, play group, game nights, playdates, doctors apts, my calling in nursery our friends, Carsosn's first bday party. So much stuff! I can still love Utah and Nebraska at the same time, right?! I love that Nebraska feels like home. But I will still visit utah and have the time of my life!

All in all, bryson did a good job for our anniversary this year! Happy three years! I wonder what we will do for our 5 and 10 year.. haha ;)

2 comments:

Brad and Amber said...

I am glad I got to see you even if it was only for a little bit! I miss you!

Megan said...

I am also glad that I got to see you and that I got to see Akoy! Thanks for lunch and for watching me teach for a little bit. Thanks for posting that lovely picture of me on your blog. haha. I miss you so much and yes I think it is okay for you to love Utah and Nebraska at the same time! Love ya! :)