First Thanksgiving in Nebraska means no family. So a few months ago we rented our clubhouse, and invited some friends! It was sad to not be with family, but our friends made up for it! We all had assignments and the plans were set! Now, some of you may know, I do not cook. Since moving to Nebraska I have started to cook. Assignments were made while I was in Utah (Thanks Torrie!) and somehow I ended up with the Turkey and mashed potatoes with gravy. I was really worried about how they would turn out, but I am glad to report after many phone calls to my parents, things turned out great! I also made some bacon smokies, bean dip and a strawberry spinach salad with a wonderful dressing!
We had the Ellis', Wyatt's, half of the Allans (Dayna had her baby two days before), Johnson's and 3 missionaries. There was plenty of food and we sat at stuffed ourselves full! It was delightful! We even had some yummy desserts! Thanks everyone for making Thanksgiving dinner a hit!
 |
| The Food Table |
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Eating Dinner |
 |
| Kids Table |
|
 |
| Playing Gestures |
|
|
 |
| Hanging out with my little guy |
|
|
 |
| Getting a lesson from 2 of the 3 missionaries |
 |
| Trying on Riley's bow. |
I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving this year! :)
3 comments:
Although we weren't with family - it was such a blast!
And... too bad that picture of me is now on two blogs.
Good Job! Your food looks tasty, I am sure that everyone loved it!
Looks like a blast and I am so proud of you for cooking the turkey and mashed potatoes!!! Way to go! Love you! :)
Post a Comment