Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bear Lake 2013

We have tried each year to get together with some of our friends that have graduated. This year, Dayna gave us the option to head to their parents cabin in Bear Lake. We all gladly accepted! 

It was so much fun getting together with these familes. We developed a close relationship when we all happened to move into Lexington Ridge apartments (well Johnson's didn't', but we still like them)! It is amazing to see how our families have grown over the past 3 years. I hope we can always continue to stay friends and get together! 

We all arrived different times on Friday for the weekend. We were last, Bryson wanted to get some last minute studying in. That night we had hot dogs and hamburgers before putting the kids to bed. Dayna also made cobbler in the dutch oven, it was delightful! After the kids were in bed we stayed up late playing games. It was so much fun to be around everyone again. 


Saturday we woke up to French Toast by the Burgins then we headed to a local park to play for the morning. The kids and adults all had so much fun! The guys all played football while the girls caught up. They had one swing that we all tried. it was fun to spin around on. For lunch we tried La Bau's and it was really yummy! I thought we ordered to much but we didn't' waste anything! I loved their Raspberry shake. The babies all napped the afternoon away before we headed to Minnatona Cave. I didn't realize how long it was going to take but I'm glad we went. It ended up being 888 stairs and some walking. I couldn't believe how well the kids did for it being a 90 minute tour. Carson was the champ and didn't complain once! After the cave we had yummy pork sandwiches  We seriously ate good all weekend! We were each in charge of a meal. We hung out in the hot tub and talked the night away. 












Sunday morning we made crepes. The were delicious  After breakfast we headed to church. It was a little chaotic with kids. But we went! ha. That's all that matters. After church we had lunch (thanks Ellis'!) and cleaned up. We tried to get a couple pictures of everybody. We bribed the kids with Swedish fish. Worked wonders! :)










Thanks Allan's for arranging this! We should do it yearly! I set a goal for 5 years when we are all stable in jobs to take a cruise with out kids! :) Hopefully that happens! I'm so grateful to meet such great friends during Law School. We have so many here that are not pictured. 

1 comments:

Brad and Amber said...

The picture of the kids on the table looks like Akoy has a mullet because of the the little girls hair behind him hahaha