We got tickets for $15 a seat, and Akoy was free. We figured we could take Akoy and leave early if we had to. This concert was COMPLETE opposite of Josh Groban's concert. Taylor Swifts was of course directed to young teenage girls and totally word for word scripted out. Where as Josh Groban did whatever he wanted and interacted with the audience. The people around us thought we were crazy for bringing Akoy, but that's probably because they spent 60 bucks a ticket months ago. Last minute decision for us and we didn't spend much so we thought what the heck! Akoy was fairly good. He had a few moments but mostly entertained by a flashing light we bought him, candy or a phone. We ended up leaving a little early to beat the traffic. That place was packed!
| {Akoy's teeth are not really rotting... he has a vanilla tootsie roll stuck to his teeth...} |



Saturday night we had a BBQ with some of Bryson's law school friends. We grilled pizza on the grill, and it was delicious! I went a little overboard and tried to make too many things, and didn't quite have the house ready in time. :) Such is life! I found a recipe on Our Best Bites, and the pizza sauce was delightful! They also had a good dough recipe I used for the bread sticks. I had a little mishap with the Rhodes dough rising on top of the oven. I didn't even think about the oven being on cooking something else and the heat started cooking the rising dough! I had to hurry to the store and buy more. Oh well! I feel bad Bryson was at the grill most of the night, but it was fun to just spend time with friends and catch up a little bit. Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of pictures. I also made a few other things but it didn't quite turn out, so I left them in the fridge! ;)

Sunday was Bryson's actual birthday and he made us breakfast! I know, a little backwards. He loves making Sunday breakfast, and I knew if I made it, then it wouldn't taste as good. We had a friend bless their baby at church, and they asked Bryson to be a part of that. It was a lovely blessing. We had dinner at their house afterwards. That night I made Bryson a cake and had the upstairs neighbors come down so I didn't have to sing by myself!
All ready for Dad's birthday/church!
I think he looks so handsome in his new church clothes!
Akoy is so happy to help his dad blow out the candles!

It defiantly was a busy week, but we had lots of fun! Happy 25th Bryson!
Oh, and I can't forget having cafe rio style dinner at 9:00 that night! Thanks Ellis's! :) It was delightful!






2 comments:
Happy Birthday Bryson!! Mickelle- you are the best wife! Way to go on all of your food and other such creations! Missing you SOOO much this week!!
Umm...HeLLo, and the amazing 9pm Cafe Rio style dinner! I can't believe you left that out since we made it just for his birthday. HAha :)
Post a Comment