Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Day at the Lake

Today for playgroup we went to Wagon Train Lake. It is about 40 minutes away. After a little driving around we finally found where we were supposed to be :) It is technically a state park, but it was hard to find the actual entrance.

I didn't know exactly what to expect, so I brought Akoy's swimsuit. I didn't bring one because I didn't want to get wet. ;) Their website said they had a playground. When we got there, the park was in a different place than the lake. So it was pretty much just the beach. We had a good turn out and lots of kids to play with! Unfortunately, Akoy wasn't a fan of the water. He got off the blanket a total of two times! The first time was when I made him get off to play in the sand and another time when I left to put something in the car and he tried to follow me. Other than that, he just tried to sit in my lap the whole time. Baby girl is making it harder for him to fit :) He still had fun eating snacks and watching his friends play. Akoy normally doesn't eat his sandwhichs but since his friends all had sandwhichs, he liked his! ;)

Playing with Hallie
Friends at the Lake
 Lately, Akoy has started this 'I don't know' thing. Whenever I ask him where something is, he will put up his hands and mumble something like 'I don't know.' We think it's pretty cute. He does it 10 times a day at least! 
 To top it all off, I got a little sun! When we got home, Akoy took a good 3 hour nap! Good day!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Someday I will make it to play group...

Amy Rose said...

So when I woke up this morning both of my eyes were swollen shut and Hanna's left eye was swollen shut. I have no idea why.

But we had fun at the lake!