My family sang and gave me a cake, then said they had another 'chocolate' cake in the car. I was surprised because the cake was more than enough for us. Matt brought in this cake:
He had his mission call! We knew he was working on his papers, but had no idea when he would be done or turn them in, let alone get the call! I wish I knew what was going on so I could see my mom's reaction. I hear it was priceless. It took everyone a good 30 seconds to figure out what was going on. Props to my brother in law for decorating the cake! :)
We found all this out at 7:30 and opened the call at 8:15. (we were supposed to go to my friends wedding reception at 8, but ended up not being able to go) Matt apologized for taking the thunder of my b-day dinner, but I was more than happy to give him all the attention!
He was called to serve in the Cordoba, Argentina mission, and will leave July 29th. I am so proud of my 'little' brother. He has worked so hard, and I know he will be a great missionary. He has a strong desire to share our wonderful gospel with others. It looks like we will be making another trip out to Utah before this baby come.
*We are all a little sad that he will no longer be working for Marriott. Everyone was starting to put orders in for a paper to give a discount later. My family has used this often! We will miss having the advantage of his rate, but wouldn't trade it for his mission.
Congrats Matt, we are SO excited for you! You will do great!





0 comments:
Post a Comment