Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mickelle's 24th Birthday!

Lucky for me, my birthday fell on a Saturday this year! Which means, I got Bryson all to myself! :) Bryson did help our bishop move stuff at 7 in the morning, so I enjoyed playing a few games on my phone while he was gone. Bryson got home and made me breakfast in bed! I did sneak a bowl of cereal while he was gone. (You can't keep a pregnant lady from food too long!) :) 
While I got ready Bryson cleaned up all the house and even vacuumed! Akoy woke up at 11! Some days he has been really sleeping in and it has been kind of nice! It worked out perfect because he could forgo a nap for the day. 
We stopped at our local Hyvee and Akoy met the Easter Bunny! At first he wasn't sure, but after a high five, he liked him! 

After seeing the Easter Bunny we headed up to Omaha for the afternoon. We had heard there was a Chick-Fila in Omaha so that would be lunch. After our phone taking us there, we had no idea where the restraunt was! Apparently it is inside the Mutual of Omaha bank building and only employees can eat there. In addition it was closed on weekends. It is the only Chick Fila in Nebraska! Crazy! It's a good thing I'm headed to Utah in a few days. 
We stopped at Costco and had all the free samples we could and then got a few things and headed to the Apple Store. Bryson's iphone somehow got a little crack across the screen. After some waiting and playing with the new ipad they replaced Bryson's phone. :) We walked around the rest of the mall and got a super cute cardigan from Gap *just in case* we have a girl. ha.. I've bought a few girl things lately that I have found for good deals. I really think we are having a girl but I'm still holding out for another boy! 
Bryson took me to dinner at Outback and it was delightful! I have been craving a good steak this pregnancy. Akoy was getting a little cranky towards the end with out a nap. So we distracted him with putting the coasters on his head. He likes balancing things, so it made him happy again. We stopped and picked up a Coldstone icecream cake.
 Bryson and Akoy


 Akoy and I

The Art of Balancing
Enjoying a lemon (with ketchup) 

Bryson surprised me with already having a few friends over to celebrate! They had even decorated our place with some streamers and balloons. Apparently when everyone was trying to get in before we got home, our door stopped working! We have a weird microchip key that unlocks it. It went crazy and they had to call our matienece worker to figure it out! Luckily the made it in our apartment right before we walked in! It was quite a surprise! I couldn't find our camera (bryson hid in the center consul in our car and forgot) So these are the only 2 pictures we got of the party.

Me and the Cake ;)

Blowing out the matches :)
All in all it was a great birthday! Thanks for everyone that wished me happy bday! It was a great day! 

0 comments: