Normally, Bryson leaves before 7 to school. This semester has been super busy and he is constantly gone or reading. He helped a buddy move to Kansas today after class. Instead of riding his bike to school, he rode with a friend. As a result he didn't leave until 9:30 this morning. He still read the entire morning BUT we got to see him. Akoy tried to ask him way to many questions. I got to actually make breakfast for him and eat with my family.
I put Lily down for a nap and finished a few things. Akoy played with toys instead of wanting to watch movies. After Lily's nap I left to run some errands. As I was leaving, my friend Kristen called to see if Akoy wanted to come play. I ended up dropping him off to play with Cole. It was nice to run places with just Lily. Sears had storage totes on sale, so I ran to the mall to grab a couple. I couple weeks ago, I dropped my ring off to get rhodium plated. I was able to pick it up. It has been causing me so much grief this summer. My body has just changed with the baby that I turned allergic to my ring. Every time I would wear my ring my finger would break out, turn red, itch and skin would come off afterwards. I have had it on all day with out it hurting. So hopefully that was the trick. I think people look at me weird with out a wedding ring all summer and running around with two kids.
My mom called and after lots of prior begging on my part, she decided to come out and see the kids for their birthdays. Normally, she only comes if I'm having a baby. :) I have been putting so much time into planning a combined party for them, so I'm glad she will get to be a part of it. I'm really excited about Akoy seeing his grandma. I don't think we are going to make it home before Christmas, and this will be the longest streak. Akoy is going to have an exciting August, getting to go to Disneyworld with Gregory's and then a few days later, my mom flying in for his bday party.
During Lily's second nap, I finished their pinata that I have been making. I was really worried about this but it came together great! It was so much easier than I expected. I have been having a lot of fun creating things for the party. Crafting is my "out." I like how I can forget about everything after the kids go to bed and make a few things. I got a cricut for my birthday and it has been so much fun playing with it and making a lot of things for the party.
After lilys second nap we went for a walk. I got her some sandles for a couple of bucks. In Lincoln, there is this facebook site called "Linconsign" It's basically like craigslist but not as scary :) There was a lady selling some super cute sandles and she was just down the road, so we went for a walk. It was perfect outside. It was only 87 degrees, and compared to the 105 we have been having, it was tolerable to be outside. Her kids were super close in age to my kids, and then she had a 4 yr old. His name was Nolen, like my nephew. Oddly enough, they actually look similar! He kept trying to sell his dump truck to me. ha! Monkey see, monkey do!
We came home, watched some Mickey Mouse and Super Why, ate dinner and then put the kids to bed. Akoy even asked to go to bed! Amazing! I attribute that to him eating good at all his meals and playing hard with Cole. Today would have been better having a husband around more but sometimes that just doesn't happen. It does help that he is going to school so we can live a better life. One day, we won't be students living in a two bedroom apartment living off loans.. one day.. BUT I can honestly say, I do love my life right now. It's not too complicated and I know things will get more busy as time passes.
Anyways... I realize no one probably made it through all my rambling. :) But that's okay! I wish I took more pictures today but didn't.. oh well! Such is life.



6 comments:
So grateful for good days like these to put things into perspective. Love you and miss you lots!! :)
Darling pinata and GORGEOUS ring! I am glad you're able to wear it again. I've had a few friends who've become "allergic" to their wedding rings when pregnant. I bet it feels wonderful to wear it again! :)
Great job on the pinata and thanks for letting us borrow your husband to help with the move!
So funny now seeing this because I noticed your ring when you were standing outside by your car, and I thought that you had a really pretty ring. No wonder it looked so sparkly and shiny!
And I love that pinata. The Disney stuff you've been making is so cool.
Those pinatas look so good! They are going to have such a great birthday!!
You are going above and beyond for this birthday bash! They are going to have so much fun. I looks like it has been fun preparing for it. And hopefully not to stressful. You got a pretty good head start on it. I'm excited to see how it all turns out!
Post a Comment