Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A few "firsts"

Both first were on Sunday 9/18. We took Lily on her first walk a week ago. Akoy really wanted to try his new stroller out. We got it in the mail on Thursday and begged Bryson for nightly walks. We finally went on a family walk a few days later. We only made it around the apartment complex once because it wore me out. Lily got to spend some time with her daddy while Akoy played on the playground for a minute.



We gave Lily her first bath at home. I think she enjoyed it. She liked being in the warm water. We decided to give Lily at bath with Akoy. He enjoyed having his sister with him. Akoy liked being in towels with Lily. Lily didn't like it as much.






Lily also had her first time eating out. And a lot of times eating out this past week. Bryson's parents took us out a lot this past week. So much for losing the baby weight! :) Her first dinner out was at Texas Roadhouse. (I forgot she ate at Boston Market earlier that day but I forgot and never took pictures) She did fantastic and just sat in her car seat the entire time. 


Another first with Akoy. I have been causally trying to potty train him. One day he really wanted me to buy underwear. He saw it as we passed and wanted to get it. I'm almost positive he just saw Toy Story on them and wanted them. He told me he would go potty on his toilet and tried really hard that night. He hasn't learned the right muscle. I'm not set on it and I don't care if he does it yet or not. Today we were at the mall and I used the restroom and Akoy decided he wanted to as well. He started to take ALL of his clothes off. He didn't go. He never does, but likes to try. This time he insisted on standing. I wonder where he learned that from!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

When I was little, I apparently had to be naked when I used the bathroom - even in public bathrooms :) Maybe Akoy learned it from me?

Kara Anderson said...

So funny! I love his cute little profile. He's trying to be just like daddy :) Lily is a doll. I hope you're healing well and getting some sleep!

Amy Rose said...

Nice new stroller, Akoy!

And I love the carefully placed washcloth in the bath picture.

AND I love Akoy trying to go potty. He may not love that picture someday though...

Unknown said...

Do you just love your Phil and Teds?! We love ours and use it every day. Best purchase ever!