I survived my first night at home! I'm glad to report that both kids slept great! The last couple weeks Akoy has been waking up a few times a night wanting juice. He has had a hard time staying asleep. I think he knew there was some change coming and it was affecting his sleep. My sister Brittany wouldn't give him juice when I was in the hospital and now he is going back to sleep better when we say no. I can say no through the monitor and then he just goes back to sleep. I think it took someone besides mom and dad saying no. He woke up at 8:30ish and is now just playing in his room. He likes to do this in the morning when he is trapped in his room. He hasn't figured out how to open the child proof door yet.
Our little Miss Lily slept great! I couldn't believe it! She was sleeping okay in the hospital but I was getting up still a few times with her. Last night I kept waking up expecting her to wake up so I could feed her. Finally around 3:30 I woke her up just to feed and change her. She feel back asleep and is still sleeping! I ended up pumping after she ate so I didn't feel so full. The joys of my milk coming in. I'm hoping she is developing a good pattern here. Akoy slept well from the beginning. I guess that is my reward for carrying big babies.
And of course, both kids sleeping all night has NOTHING to do with the fact they were both drugged.. At least I keep telling myself that! Akoy had a fever of 100.5 last night. What are the chances?! The night we bring Lily home! So I gave him some medicine and then Lily is probably getting my pain pills through my milk. On a side note, I wasn't watching the clock and went 8 hours without taking any medicine. BAD idea. My bed is so high that it was just hurting to get up and move! I need to figure the best way to get up and out of bed with out stretching or pulling on my incision.
I am glad to be home but I do miss my hospital bed. It was a lot easier to get up and get out of bed. I miss my bathroom with the heated toilet seats and the bedit feature. I miss the snack room that we can get whatever snacks, whenever we want. I miss room service that I could order yummy food throughout the day. I do not miss people coming in and checking on me all day. Checking places that made me feel as though I was the baby. I am glad to have some privacy back! :) I'm sure Akoy will miss going and always finding the key to the snack room and coming back with his pockets full of snacks and a cup of juice. He learned that one fast!
Last night Lily maneuvered her hat down and her blanket up. It's a good thing that nose didn't get covered!
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
My son got a fever the first night we brought home our daughter too! CRAZY. Wonder if it is just the big change in their life. CONGRATS to all of you. She is precious:)
That's GREAT that she's sleeping so well. :)
Post a Comment