Saturday, December 11, 2010

16 months!


Akoy is officially 16 months. I keep hearing the phrase, "only a couple more months and he can go to nursery!' However, he is already in their part of the time. With me being the nursery leader, and Bryson being in the Young Men's presidency, it leaves us no choice. In fact, all of the nursery workers have kids in nursery.

Back to Akoy, he is 16 months! He has learned a few more things this month, but pretty much the same things. As I look back through post, I realize a few more things. He never falls as he walks. If you say run then he will go faster.
- He craves attention from Bryson. Right as Bryson walks in the door, Akoy immediatley runs away so he can be chased.
- He nodes his head yes and no. He has been doing No for quite a while, but never caught on to yes. It is SUPER windy and cold today, and as soon as we got in the car I said Akoy it is freezing! I nodded yes, it was hilarious. Bryson was able to see it.
-He loves spinning in circles
-When he dances, he squats and it look like he is trying to poop. But no, just dancing.
-Starting to always what me. That's both good and bad.
-Loves drinking water out of a bottle. He is constantly bringing me a water bottle and a bottle with a lid. Then crys if i don't give it to him.
- Getting a lot better at drinking out of a cup. I credit this to nursery where we give him a small cup. He is always wanting our drinks now. He still will spill.(wow what a weird sentence!)
-Still loves his bottle of milk. Does anybody have suggestions to get rid of the bottle?!! I don't even want to attempt.
-he goes on eating kicks. Sometimes he eats super good, and other days he won't touch his food.
-Loves balls and the toys that go with them.
-Loves pointing the remotes at the tv. Whether it be the tv, dvd, or wii remotes, he doesn't care!
- He will clap for himself when he does something right.
-He will see me making a bottle for bed time and he starts waving and then will walk in to his room.
 -He will fold his arms whenever we say prayer. He even did it when we were in the foyer at church and I wasn't even doing it!

A little about the picture below. I found this outfit at Salvation Army the other day and put it in the back of Akoy's drawer for next summer. Bryson got Akoy up this morning and his pj's were wet so he dressed him in this. A little early ;) Especially with the wind/snow/coldness today! Akoy preceeded to put on necklaces leftover from a baby shower last night. Bryson brought Akoy into bed with us and I immediately thought of of gangsta.


Playing with Riley at the Children's Museum

 He still insists on going outside..
  
Sick tired boy

Playing with Coen in Utah


 He tried to tickle us with the duster that he found in the closet!

1 comments:

Aleena said...

I cannot believe he is 16 months!!!! So cute:) So I took my son's bottle away when he was 16 months and the only thing that worked and the best advice from everyone I asked was COLD TURKEY! Just throw ALL the bottles in the house AWAY!!! YES it was hard. Memphis cried for 3 days straight and wouldn't drink out of anything else so I had to give him popsicles to get liquids in him but it worked. After that he will only drink out of sippy cups and even after I had my 2nd (he was 19 months old) and she started using bottles---he hasn't even tried drinking out of them. GOOD LUCK