Friday, November 1, 2013

New Baby = Neglectful parents

As were all eating lunch at the table today, Bryson mentioned things have been going pretty smoothly considering everything. Then I mentioned the events that had already taken place by lunch time.

-Bryson has been super busy with projects this week and hasn't been home much. He has left super early every morning until today. So he slept in a bit. So did I. I had brought Graham back to bed with a binky so he was happy. Our kids woke up at 8 and started playing with various things and watching movies on the ipad. I faintly remember Akoy coming in and telling us that he is making toast for him and Lily. Bryson asked me if it was a good idea. I responded, probably not. Then we went back to sleep. We were both exhausted and you know that point where you can't really think clearly... Yeah, we were there. A little later we woke up the the fire alarm going off. Bryson ran into the kitchen, I grabbed Graham and ran to my closet to put some clothes over my g's. It was thankfully just smoke. Bryson opened the doors to start airing out the house full of smoke and burnt toast smell. Big mistake. The smoke moved into the hallway of the building and set the building alarm off. The firemen had to come now. Even if every things okay. I met the matinence guy out side and told him what had happened. All while holding my week old baby. Guilty of wanting extra sleep and our 4 year old was left to fen for himself. We all waited outside and watched as others were evacuated. Akoy was so excited when he heard the firetrucks come. We watched as the guys all suited up with oxygen tanks and ax's unload the truck. One fireman that stayed with the truck offered the kids to come look at things. Akoy was hesitant because he thought he was in trouble. We were finally able to go back inside after they wrote down all my info.  lovely. I'm glad it was nothing worse though...

-An hour or so later, Lily was yelling for me me and something about peeing. She peed her pants on my bed. I later found the puddle on my nigh-stand dripping down and into all the drawers. Lovely.

-After a bath and as I was drying her hair, Akoy came in to the bathroom. "Mom, I just fell off the counter, but its okay, because I didn't get hurt" Lovely.

-Bryson was warming some pizza up as I was making the kids sandwiches. He noticed a half eaten apple hanging out with the cooking utensils. Just sitting there. One kid was clearly done with their apple and put it in a safe place. We laughed with our tired bodies. Probably too hard.

The fire alarm went off at 9:30. Who knows what else our kids did in the hour and a half we were still sleeping. I payed close attention to them as I sat in my crumb filled rocking chair and nursed the baby.

As we finished our lunch Bryson came up with an analogy. Our life is like learning a language.  Heavenly Father just blinds you enough that you feel like things are going well but in reality the world is crashing down around you and we really don't know the language like we think.

Our kids are crazy but I'm grateful for each of them. We may end at 3 though. I don't know if I have the patience for more kids :) And Akoy said he can't use the toaster until he is 8 years old.

Here is a picture of Akoy with his burnt toast that he ate while waiting for the firetrucks to come.

0 comments: