Friday, February 1, 2013

Snow Day

A few days ago I found it funny that my Instagram and Facebook feed were full of snow pictures. Everyone was dumped on in Utah. So I posted our pathetic amount of snow as a joke. We finally got a little snow and the next morning I got a call at 5:15 saying public schools were closed. Lincoln is much different that Utah. Our roads turn to ice fast and it gets slippery. The schools do not have buses to transport the kids. So everyone driving in the ice can get quite chaotic!
If you look closely on the right, you can see my car cleared off with pathways all around. I have a good husband! 


Wednesday morning I was supposed to go visiting teaching but Bryson didn't want me to drive across town in the bad weather. So I decided to have a lazy day in my pj's and not get ready. We are lucky enough to have a few families in our complex so we had a Ellis's, Simpson's and Partridge's over for hot chocolate and sandwiches .. Mostly whatever I already had without having to go to the store. One family in our ward's day care was cancelled so they brought their boy over and I usually babysit another little girl on Wednesdays  Needless to say, there were lots of kids! 9 kids runnning everywhere The kids all had fun while we just talked and got lunch ready. The house was a mess after but what is 15 min of cleaning time to 2 hours of play time. Nothing! Thanks girls for coming over and having fun on a day of lots of snow!

I forgot to take pictures with everything so luckily Torrie grabbed a few. Thanks Torrie!


This book was totally in Spanish and Parker was doing his best to read it! 



Gracie trying to find gum 
Lunch time minus two babies!



1 comments:

Kara Anderson said...

Nine kids in an apartment?! It had to have been chaos. But fun chaos probably. That's fun!