Yesterday was a pretty good day. It wasn't anything super special but it was perfect!
Last week Bryson and I were talking with our good friends Ellis' about how we always watch each others kids and never go out together. Each of us found a babysitter and went on a date Saturday night! It was fun to spend time with them outside our apartment and with out kids. Ellis live above us and we often take our video monitors to each others houses. We figure it is not a lot different then living in a house bigger than a 2 bedroom apartments. We went to Fireworks for dinner. Bryson and Torrie are completely different eaters. Torrie eats super healthy and works out all the time. Bryson is complete opposite. In almost every way. After Bryson joked about finding something he really didn't like on the menu and Torrie would probably order it, they ended up ordering the same thing! It made both of them second guess if they would actually like the meal. Torrie did get broccoli on the side and Bryson ordered a bake potato with cheese and bacon. After a delicious dinner we went bowling. Bryson killed us both games. It was fun. Most of the times when I got a strike or spare no one was watching. We also played a few arcade games. The jump roping game was a favorite. We all picked out prizes for the kids with the tickets. It was a good night!
 |
| Bryson got 10 tickets when the girl next to him got 500. |
Jump to Valentines Day. Both kids woke up happy and I got out of bed to make a "special" breakfast. It turned out okay but still fun. Akoy came into our room showing us the juice sippy cups I left out for him. He was so excited about a cheap new sippy cup! We exchanged gifts. We gave Akoy this word puzzle for his birthday but he wasn't quite ready for it so we hadn't opened it. So I wrapped it and gave it to him again. He is starting to understand the structure of a word so he really likes it. We had recently been given something for Lily that we already had so I returned it for a doctors kit. She was kinda excited but it wore off. Not a hit. I found the perfect gift for Bryson. It would have been a better gift for a birthday but I couldn't wait. I don't want Valentines to be all about gifts but things kinda worked out that way. When we were 14/15 and "went out" we would lay in my backyard hammock and talk. I got Bryson a portable hammock. We can't both fit it in because the weight limit is 225. :( But Lily LOVED it. She wouldn't get out of it! She just laid there while each of us tried it out. I told Bryson he had a $40 limit because that is what I spent. He ended up going above and beyond and getting me a copy of photoshop from the school. It was the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Studio. So now I get to figure out how to use all that fun stuff! I have been saving all my crayon roll money in order to buy a camera. I'm almost there! I can't wait!
 |
| Trying to figure out what it was |
 |
| Lily would not get off. Unless it was to grab her blanket |
After breakfast the kids and I went to play group while Bryson went to school. We had a little Valentines Party for play group at the church. Lily wanted to decorate who knows how many cookies. We made bead bracelets, decorated a bag for valentines, did a cake walk, and decorated paper plate hats. The kids had lots of fun.
 |
| A new charm ;) |
For dinner we made some steak and had a candle light dinner. We even had heart shaped noodles! We didn't think the kids would enjoy the steak so I made them something else. Both kids ended up loving the steak! Who knew!
After the kids bedtime, Bryson ended up watching Lord of the Rings while giving me a much needed massage. He also helped clean everything up and pick up our closet which had been lacking some attention. It was a great day and I will never forget the memories we made throughout the day! I didn't take a lot of pictures like I normally do but it was still a great day! I'm so grateful for such a good valentine that left me emails and things throughout the day. I'm lucky to have him in my life. He is such a good father and husband!
** We also decorated cookies the night before. Lily loved the frosting and Akoy loved the sprinkles. Good combo!
 |
| These are actually the ones Bryson decorated! |
3 comments:
What a busy fun day! The pic of Bryson made me laugh.
Looks like a nice hammock! So, happy you got a picture of Bryson by the girl getting 500 tickets. Hilarious! Umm...we should have gotten a picture of all 4 of us together! What were we thinking?!
So glad you got to go out on a double date, how fun! And that didn't look like a "little" Valentines party for play group... you have a ton of people involved in play group. That is wonderful! In my new ward only 3 of us ever show up :(
Post a Comment