Wednesday, January 16, 2013

#GregoryHawaii2013

Where do I even start? How do I limit the pictures? I have no clue! Our family had the oppourtunity to spend a week in Hawaii with Bryson's parents and siblings. I know, we travel a lot. Bryson parents and brother are part of the Disney Vacation Club. It is a time share thing. One day, we will join, when we are not students and have a decent income. It's such a great idea. I have stopped taking our camera places, so all these pictures are just from our iphones. We did get pictures there and photopass pictures. I will have to post those when I receive them. 

Our family decided to hashtag all our instagram pictures from the trip. #GregoryHawaii2013 ended up having 112 photos. It was a fun change. 

Hawaii was wonderful. A little on the chilly side, but warm compared to Utah/Nebraska. The kids and I loved having Bryson's undivided attention as well as his families. I loved that the kids had cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles to play with. Akoy and Lily love all of them so much. Lily and Bentley (6 months apart) fought most of the time in the beginning but towards the end they loved playing with each other. Especially in the curtains! 

The flight went well. We had a direct flight from SLC. We did get behind a couple of guys that were super annoyed with our kids. This couple also had a dog. Which they would not allow my kids to look or talk to it. I was slightly bothered and told them they could move and that I was doing the best I could. We walked the plane a lot finding all the family. Lily took a little nap and that helped! Akoy just played the ipad or watched shows the entire time. He is a champ with that. He even fell asleep on grandmas lap for a little bit. 

All the girls got laid by their husbands.... :)  Except Lindsey and Addi.

Our first day we stayed at a Marriott in some city... I'm not good with names. We walked some streets and played on the beach a little. This was New Years Eve and with the time changes, we didn't stay up till midnight. We just celebrated Nebraska (4 hrs earlier) and Utah (3hrs). The next day we had breakfast and Akoy chose the 'boy' pancake. Ihop made a pancake into a face and his cousin got that, so Akoy chose the 'brown' version- which was a boy. It was a chocolate pancake with chocolate chips and he insisted on eating the entire thing! Which he lost in the car ride around the island. So gross. That cleanup was not fun! I'm glad we returned the rental car that night. It stunk. We also stopped by BYU Hawaii and the temple. We spent a little time on the temple grounds and visitors center.






Before he lost his breakfast. We ruined Bronson. poor guy. 



Lily just woke up from a nap














After Akoy threw up
Bath on the side of the road
We checked into the Disney Hotel Aulani. Then spent the rest of the time here. The first night we went to a little Luau and most of the family all danced with Mickey. Lindsey and I may have gone back to the hotel to watch Parenthood..... :) Throughout the week we spent time at the pool. The kids loved the lazy river. Lily loved playing in the tubes. The beach was just down the stairs and we went their a couple of times. One afternoon all the girls went and got massages as part of our Christmas present. It was DELIGHTFUL! I've had a few massages and this one was by far the best. It was also a spa so we had an hour before our appointment to take advantage of the hot tub, sauna and steam rooms, a relaxation room and more. I wish we could have spent all day there. It was nice to leave the kids and not worry about anything else. The massage itself was perfect! Then we showered and went back. It was sad leaving that spa... I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the vacation :)

View from our balcony
Luau




She seriously loved the water!

Our only chance of naps


swimming with goofy
"it's melting to fast!"
Best aunt award!

I love her reaction!

She loves minnie

Lily decided to feed the birds one morning

She loved this... i promise. 

She kept asking for more


Before entering the spa, they gave us a rock with a word on it. We were supposed to focus on that the rest of the time. Then we threw it in the water. I had "Listen"

Gregory Girls. me, Amanda,  Kelley, Anna, Lindsey

Bed head
Playing games at night. 
Beach
Had to get adjusted to the sand

The hotel is behind us. Bradley grew some boobs on the trip
The guys dug a hole and we buried them. 

Trying to get dad out




Snorkeling crew
I was forced later on join
Saying hi to Akoy while snorkeling

We attempted (akoy failed) snorkeling!

We also got family pictures taken while we were there. I love all the ones we took with our iphones. We will see how the ones the lady took turned out after my sister in law edits them.







How to get the kids attention... 










On the way home we had a connection in Atlanta then flew to Omaha. The first leg was supposed to be 8 1/2 hrs but some guy ended up passing out and bonked his head so they did an emergency landing in LA. So that flight turned into 12 hours then we missed our connection. Luckily Bryson got us on a flight fairly soon after we got there. Delta originally rebooked us for a flight a few hours later. It was a long over night flight and lily didn't sleep much. She is starting to get a little attitude that makes me wonder if our 3rd child will have to wait a lot longer to come before I'm ready to get pregnant again. 

We photo bombed someones picture.. then stalked them on Instagram
Notice the time.. yeah. Our kids are wide awake. 

3 comments:

Brad and Amber said...

Very very jealous! You look beautiful as always. Love the family pics they are super cute! What a cute family.

Kara Anderson said...

So many of these pictures made me smile! Akoy's ice cream, Lily and the fish, Akoy hugging Lily, her reaction to Mini Mouse and all those darling family photos! Jack had started getting some attitude lately too but since we've been home and he's been getting good sleep it's improved so much. I had those same thoughts though, "Am I ready for number 2?"

Professor Malouf said...

It looks like you had so much fun! That is a good way to travel when you have kids, go with the whole extended family! You guys all look great!