Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Week of Firsts

This week was a week of first at our house! I couldn't believe it. With two little ones always exploring of course things will happen.


1. We have been trying to give Lily a bottle for the past couple of months. (Bryson arranged his schedule so he doesn't have class on Friday's which allows me to substitute teach.) Our plan only works if she would take a bottle. Akoy only took bottles and didn't nurse. Lily only nurses and refuses bottles. I have bought 5 different kinds of bottles in desperation. Each one proclaiming it was the most like the breast.  She wouldn't drink any of them and it ends in a crying battle every time. Our last purchase of a bottle were the MAM bottles. She takes the MAM binky every once in a while so I figured we would give it a try. At first it was a no go but my sister mentioned her baby liked her bottles super warm. It was the trick for my little one! It's still a small battle but she will take it! I still prefer to nurse but it's nice to know I can leave and not have her starving. I can be free at book club, cooking club or anything I want! :)


2. Lily can finally roll over! We have been lacking in the tummy time department. It's amazing how on your first kid you want them to do everything so fast, but on the second it doesn't really matter/don't want them into everything as fast.
3. Akoy can count to 15! Give or take. He can do it, but sometimes he skips 6 and 13. As of only recently will he repeat what we say. So it's a lot easier to teach him things.


4. Bryson had a good conversation with Akoy during lunch on Sunday. Usually he gets distracted before actually having a conversation.
B: Did you have fun in nursery today?
A: no (his answer to every thing.)
B: What did you guys do?
A: Play trains
B: What else?
A: Play Avery, Lydia, Riley
A: Sing song
B: What song?
A: Snowman. He then proceeds to sing the song which mostly consists of saying snowman over and over again.
*He is talking so much more, but still just main words in each sentence.


5. Akoy can also spell his name when we ask him. 


6. Lily got her first big toy that isn't a handy down. I found a gift card that I thought I had already spent from returning something and was able to get Lily and Entertainment thing to sit in, instead of using Akoy's walker that doesn't play songs anymore. The joys of a second child when your parents have no money.


2 comments:

Brad and Amber said...

I love how her feet don't touch!

Megan said...

Sounds like a lot of exciting things have been happening at your house! Yay for Lily finally taking a bottle and getting her first entertainment center! :) Yay for Akoy being so smart and having such good parents to teach him things. Yay for you and Bryson for being so amazing and working so hard. Miss you and love you!!!