Monday, January 30, 2012

A Good Day!

Today was one of my perfect days. However it did not start out that way. Both kids had a hard time sleeping and I was up a fair amount of times. I blame their colds. I never knew so much snot could come out of one little girl. 
Since we had a long night the kids slept in until 10:30/11ish. I was able to finish a few things around the house. Akoy woke up before Lily so we made him a Thomas the Train pillow case from a pattern I was given months ago. He has been feeling a little jealous of Lily and even kicked her in the head yesterday because I was giving her attention. 
We thought it was a nice day and a neighbor invited us outside to play for a bit. It was a bit chilly but not bad for January. 
We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out inside and playing together. A few time outs were given but not bad for a day not going anywhere. Today was also a "lets wear 5 outfits" kind of a day for Akoy. Seriously, that kid loves to change clothes. He matched so well in his sweatpants, rain boots on the wrong feet, "his byu cougars" coat and a hat. He looked like a little unkept boy but I didn't care. He had fun!
Then I noticed it was 70 degrees outside. It was so warm! We put on our jackets and decided to go for a walk. We ended up at the park again and a few friends came out as well. The kids all had fun and it was a great time outside with nice weather. The wind picked up and the sun started going down so we all hurried back into our warm houses.
I am grateful for days like today when I can sit back and watch my 2 year old blow bubbles on the porch while I type. These days always come at the right time to put me in a good mood! I can't wait for summer! 




Outfit #5 of the day

Sleepy girl on the walk

I couldn't resist taking this picture with her feet over the side

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i couldn't believe the nice weather yesterday. Glad you got to enjoy it!

Megan said...

I am jealous of the 70 degree weather. Sounds like the perfect day for playing outside and enjoying your kids. They are darling by the way. Love you and miss you lots!!