Boo at the Zoo is a big Halloween tradition in Lincoln. I was really excited to go. Earlier in the week I heard on the radio that there was a Halloween Costume contest going on and you could win a $50 gift card (the guy said to Walmart, but that was for that nights costumes and it changed every night) Walmart did make it a little tempting.
I convinced Bryson to go to the zoo. We had to park a ways away and then take a bus over to the Zoo. After walking a little bit we realized the photo contest was in the very front by the lines. We went over and got our picture taken and entered to win. Right before our picture, my fake eye broke and I couldn't wear it. We were already taking a minute to get set up and I didn't want them to wait longer while I fixed it. So we took the picture with out it.
After our picture we got back in line. While waiting we decided that it wasn't worth paying $18 for us to get in and Akoy's treat bag. . I have to admit, I mainly wanted to go so we could enter the contest. So after we already had our picture taken, I didn't care if we left. I really want to go to the boo at the zoo before we move away but we
were cold and decided that we could spend that money on dinner instead. We got Olive Garden take out. When we got to Olive Garden, we had to decide who went in to pick it up. We didn't have a change of clothes and were all dressed up. I didn't think people would know who I was without the rest of the group so I made Bryson go in. When he walked in, everyone just went quite. Here he was, all dressed up in a green costume. Luckily someone said "hey it's mike wazousk." Needless to say he hurried and got our food and left.
The contest really turned into a popularity contest. Who could get the most like's on facebook. The two people who won the previous nights were not actually that clever. Tinkerbell and a cheerleader. There were soo many more creative and cute costumes. So we decided to bug all of our facebook friends and get them to vote. All our hard work payed off because we won! We spent most of the day Saturday getting people to like our picture. We ended up having a lot of people like our picture and we didn't know them, just random people from Lincoln. Thanks to all our friends who shared it and got their friends to "like" it as well! :)
We won a $50 gift card to Dairy Queen. It looks like we will be having a few dates out!
Next year we will actually go inside the zoo.. :)
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You deserved to win! They were incredible costumes
Post a Comment