Bryson started his second year of Law School this week. Summer went all too quickly and we already miss having him around. Akoy gets super sad when he see's Bryson getting his shoes on. Luckily, Bryson leaves before he wakes up. Yesterday, Akoy got my phone and called his daddy. He knew right where his name was and put it on speaker phone. I had no idea. He just misses his dad!
Bryson is doing a mix of law and mba classes this semester. He has classes on both east and main campus. Including a night class! We were lucky last year that he was able to carpool with one of his buddies that lives above us. Unfortunately their car bit the dust and both guys have now taken up bike riding! :) This summer Bryson got to ride his bike and learn the bus route when he was working at the Attorney Generals office. I offered to take him numerous times but bike riding was easier for him. The bus stop is about a mile away, so not too far. Sometimes Bryson will miss the bus and end up riding the 3 miles to East campus or 5 miles to main campus. It gives him a good work out! The buses stop running after 6:30 so he is unable to take it for his night class. So he takes the car Monday and Wednesday nights. Then he has Young Men's on Tuesday's. This will definitely be an adjustment for us! We are used to having Bryson at nights.
Bryson always gets lots of comments on the child carrier on the back of the bike. One lady on the bus asked if he just used it for his backpack and if she could have it! Bryson nicely explained that his son would be really sad! It's too hard to take it on and off all the time. Plus it does make a nice carrier for the backpack!
We are excited for Bryson to start another year of school! We love living here in Nebraska and taking in everything that it has to offer us! One year down a few more to go! :)
I am sad to admit that it took me a few days to get these pictures. I was out cold at 6:30 when he left Monday and Tuesday. So I made sure to get up today! So really it is his third day, but for future, it will look just like the first day! We can pretend I'm on top of things! You can tell how excited Bryson was to take these pictures. I'm glad he doesn't give me too hard of a time! (hint hint)
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I kind of have to chuckle at these pictures because I remember how my mom would make me stand in front of the door with my backpack on for my first day of school. When I saw these pictures it was like a flashback. You're a good sport for letting McKell do this to you, Bryson :-)
Hope all is well in Lincoln Land. Sure do miss the Husker excitement this time of year.
Post a Comment