They got her late Thursday/Friday morning around 2 a.m. Bryson waited up for them and made their beds out. :) I didn't last because of a rough previous night. Keith, Kelley and Bronson slept out in the family room. The next morning I got up with the kids and got them ready and we spent lots of time in the bath. I tried to let everyone else get some extra sleep.
I had previously made an appointment to get a pedicure/manicure and couldn't reschedule it (I had already rescheduled when my friend went into labor 4.5 weeks early and I took her other kids.) Bryson actually got me this pedi/mani for my birthday a year ago and I hadn't used it. I kept trying to save it for a special time and the coupon was about to expire. So I missed when Akoy saw everyone.
Akoy wanted to call Grandma. So we facetimed between our ipads and they talked to grandma. She asked Akoy if he would show her where the spinach was. He ran to the fridge and then saw everyone. He was SOOO excited to see them. He looked confused and then named each of them. Then asked for Bradley. We always talk about Bradley because of his wedding next month.
It was so fun to have family here! We haven't seen anyone in 4 months. I know it's not that long of a stretch but in the last 2 years we have made 10 trips back and forth, and 4 months had been our longest gap.
We play as hard as we could with them. We also went out to eat to lots of different places! It was fun to get out and take a quick break before Bryson entered finals mode. (I can't wait to have my husband back! We met Bryson today and had dinner in the car, just so he could see the kids.) Akoy convinced Grandpa to get him whatever he wanted!
| Akoy had fun trying on hats at Gap |
While they were here, they also surprised me with a Cricut for my birthday! I spent lots of time playing around with it and trying to figure out how to use it! I have since made lots of fun things! I can't wait for my kids birthday parties this fall.
| Bryson had fun putting Akoy in random bags |
| I cut out an ice cream cone with the cricut |
We also went up to Omaha and went through the Mormon Trail Center. One for the few things we have to offer here. :) Akoy loved going through all the different rooms and pushing the buttons.
We ended all of the fun with a Tornado warning. We often have warnings but in the two years we haven't had our sirens go off. We ended up waking up the kids and had everyone move to the apartment hallways. We met more of our neighbors in 30 minutes than the past couple years. Luckily nothing bad happened in our area. The funnel clouds were spotted by the airport but never touched ground.
*Once we realized they were flying home we woke up Akoy so we could see them more. He was a little out of it. We put him back to bed at 10:30, then the sirens woke him up at 11:45. It was a long night for everyone.
We had lots of fun seeing family, even if it was only 2 days! We can't wait to see everyone else when we come out in May!



0 comments:
Post a Comment