Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

This year was our first Easter in Nebraska. Last year, I ended up going back to Utah over Easter. We had lots of fun with our small family and some of our friends.


A few days ago,  Johnson's invited Akoy over to dye Easter Eggs with Kool-Aid. Akoy and Lydia had lots of fun choosing the colors. Every time I forgot to have Akoy put the egg in the cup, he would let me know. I think they turned out pretty cute! :) 

There was a Bible video going around on Facebook and I went to watch it and Akoy wanted to watch it with me. It was 9 minutes long and he watched it all, twice. I told him the story of the resurrection and I think he kinda got it. It was cute to see him actually paying attention to something. 


Saturday we went to the Hyvee, the grocery store and saw the Easter Bunny. Akoy was so excited to see him. They gave him some (slightly creepy) bunny eyes. Later they had an egg hunt. We were at the back on the crowd and unfortunately only got a few eggs but Akoy doesn't care how many he got, just that he got some and they had candy in them. 
 


Sunday Morning the Easter Bunny came! He even left his footprints leading from Akoy's room to the presents. Normally there isn't much of gifts on Easter but I was able to use some of Bryson's Amazon points that he earned at school and got Akoy a bike. Lily got a talking puppy that I found for a good deal as well. The Easter Bunny left a family basket for all of us. I think I need to invest in some more baskets so everyone can have their own. Bryson got chocolate covered gummy bears. I have made these before, but I haven't done them individually and it took a lot longer! Oh well!  

 


We hurried and got the kids ready for 9:00 church. I had made the kids stuff this year for Easter, but outfits came up that I liked better. It's a good think these kids have grandparents that love them! On the way to church we realized we never feed Akoy breakfast. So he munched on all his bunny crackers that he had in his eggs. It was a good thing that he made us bring them! 






 




 After church we got ready for an Easter dinner that one of our friends arranged. Bryson made my aunts bacon smokies and sadly most of them burned while we tried playing Mario Kart at a neighbors house. oops. Dinner was great and so was the company. Torrie and I arranged an egg hunt for all the kids. The kids all loved the eggs and found them quickly!
Lily gave Michael lots of kisses at church and dinner. He wasn't in the mood during dinner.

Dane and Lily played for a bit. It looks like Dane is giving her a back rub.

Akoy and Paisley hanging out on the chairs.

The egg hunt

Finding the golden egg

Cole found it!

Attempt at a group shot. Please note Sarah in the back ground.. ??? Not sure what was going on, but I love it!
Dane and Lily

The day ended with Facetiming both of our families and bedtime. It was a great Easter.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Loves all the Easter pics! I especially love Sarah in the group shot! Too funny! haha

Kara Anderson said...

Akoy hugging Lily is SO cute! It looks like you have such a nice neighborhood and great neighbors. Easter is so much fun

Sarah said...

what do you mean? I am just being myself! Ha.

Brooke said...

Dre got a strider bike for his birthday and he cruises. It's awesome because he can balance and steer now. We are going to get him a pedal bike this summer so hopefully he will be riding a bike at the age of 3. So fun! Your kids are adorable btw!!