Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter was a little different for us this year. We had two kids! I ended up babysitting a little girl that I used to nanny. Her family went to DC for spring break and didn't want to take a 3 yr. old to all the museums. I picked Mia up Thursday night and had her until Monday night. It made for a fun weekend! She is only two weeks older than my nephew Val Dean, so we had a couple play dates.
I was talking to Bryson about what to get the kids for their Easter baskets and he started talking about how they woke up to an empty basket then went around the house and filled it. Kinda different but fun. I still liked waking up to a full basket then go on a hunt later. So that is exactly what I did! I got each kid a book and then some treats and toys. Later I found this bib that said "My mom is hott" I thought it was really bold and funny so I got it. I wasn't serious, I just thought it would be funny. Don't judge me :)
Mia woke up and we went and found what they Easter Bunny brought her, she was so happy. Akoy just dumped his and went for the soccer ball egg. He is obsessed with soccer balls.
Easter was so enjoyable this year because we just got to relax. It was so nice to just watch conference and listen to all the words to be spoken to us. We headed over to my parents for a breakfast in-between sessions and then had the Murdoch easter egg hunt. Akoy wasn't really interested but Mia sure was. She got lots of treats and then we had another hunt at Gregory's!
It was a busy day but still relaxing.

Bryson's parents picked this outfit out for him, I absolutely love it! Sorry it's a bad picture from my phone

With his Easter Basket in the morning

And our lovely visitor, Mia



During Conference I decided to curl Kelley's (mom in law) hair, I think it turned out good ;)

My dad wanted a picture with each grandkid. Here's my dad and Akoy

My cute sister Brooke decided to make her daughter and my other niece matching dresses. (I have 2 nieces and 7 nephews) My sister Brittany (who doesn't have kids yet, just doggies) wanted her dog to have a dress. Brooke made it out of the scrapes and Lola had a dress too.

Family Picture

Mia entertained herself decorating chocolate eggs

Some pictures from the hunt at the Murdoch's

Gregory's Egg Hunt

Mia trying to give Akoy all the sports eggs. Very kind of her.


Lets just say, Akoy got really tired of Mia mauling him. She is obsessed with 'Baby Akoy' Akoy was really hyped up at her house before he was born. Akoy inherited all of Mia's baby stuff (crib, dresser, carseat, clothes and much more!) and we are very grateful for this little girl!

My sister in law Amanda made this cute egg for Akoy. She made 15 of them between her side and the Gregory side. She was busy, but look how cute they are! Thanks Addi and Amanda!


All in all, we had a great Easter!

Lots of family time

Lots of candy

Lots of fun!

As Easter came and went this year, I couldn't help to think what it would be like next year. With the good possibility of moving to Nebraska next year, we won't be here for Easter. It will be hard to miss all the little family times. I love just hanging out with both sides of the family. They make the best memories! Emotionally I will be ready to miss bigger holidays, but the little ones will be the harder ones. That being said, I am excited to possibly move away. I think it will bring our little family closer together and we will make memories that we would never of had. We will keep you posted on that! Hopefully we will know for sure in the next couple of weeks.

0 comments: