March 8, 1922- March 3, 2010
My grandpa has been battling Colon Cancer for the past few years.
Last Friday, after being on the floor unconscious, the doctor told us a week maybe two.
My dad (this is his dad) quickly made the trip up to Rexburg to be with him.
His death was expected but still hard to comprehend
Death is an interesting thing. I know it is the best for my grandpa, and I knew it was coming.
Yet, when my mom called me this morning as I was heading out for work, it still hit me.
My grandma woke up at 3:30 and he had already passed, he passed in his sleep, hopefully a painless death. I hope to go the same way.
I know he is in a better place, but yet death is still a hard thing to deal with.
I hate writing, but yet as I type things out, it helps me cope with things and I kind of start to like writing.
Sorry if this is so scattered, but for some reason typing things helps me sort through everything. My poor students aren't going to get the best lessons from me today. Luckily they are all old enough to understand. They'll survive. Today is not the most crucial day (Lehi students going to Lehi Jr. High- the rest is a read a thon)
When I think of my grandpa, I think of words like, kind, tender, loving, a man of power, wisdom, virtue and many more. He is an amazing guy. I am so glad that I see many of his traits in my own dad. He has taught my dad to be the amazing guy he is today.
He was a perfect example. hands down. I don't think he had a mean bone in his body.
He loves his garden. I always loved going to his house to eating fresh food from the garden. This is one of the many traits he taught my dad who is now teaching my husband. I hope to have a garden like his one day.
It was so hard to see him start to weaken. Everytime I would go up there, he got a little worse.
One day he exclaimed with excitement to my brother in law (with tears in his eyes) that today was a special day because the blacks got the priesthood. My brother in law kindly stated that he remembered that happening when he was in High School. My grandpa put that aside and went back to his excitement. He was so happy!
Unfortunatley with old age your memory goes with it.
This morning, after my little brother was told about his passing, Bryson (my bro) said, it least his mind was clear and he could think again.
He is whole again, nothing bothering him, his nasty cough is gone, no more oxygen, no more meds, his body is perfect.
As I was talking to my mom this morning on my way to work. I know he is rejoicing to be finally with his father in heaven. My grandpas parents got to greet him and have their son back. He went home to two sets of great parents. So much joy is on the other side of the veil right now. Talking about how Grandpa got to go to the other side and reach his judgment. I can't help to picture Heavenly Father telling my grandpa, "Howard, job well done, welcome home!"
He did do a good job, he lived a great life, he was a great man
Luckily my 8 yr old nephew gets to carry on his name "James Howard Murdoch" I hope one day he realizes how special that name is. He is lucky!
Grandpa Murdoch, you will be missed! I love you and can't wait to see you one day! I am so grateful for the plan of salvation. I KNOW with all my heart that I WILL see his someday.







2 comments:
Shouldn't have read that first thing in the morning in front of my students but that was sweet. I'm sorry for your loss. It is nice to know that we will all se each other again!
our family is so cool.:)
Post a Comment