I feel like this book really taught Akoy to sound things out and read really well. Sometimes I would wonder why they are making me say certain things or it was silly to teach him that way. However, it was always for a reason and helps him during reading. He loves reading random words throughout the day. Whether it be a sign or something around the house, he usually reads it.
He has an awkward birthday in August. He could either be the youngest or the oldest. I feel like he would get so bored with another year of preschool. But from teaching elementary, the youngest usually struggled in one area or another. Any suggestions?! I hate decisions.
I'm so proud of Akoy for finishing. I took videos throughout the lessons. Its fun to look back and see his progress along the way. He loved his lessons and frequently wanted a couple a day. Each lesson was not easy. Many caused me much stress, especially with a 2 year old wanting attention. For awhile, Bryson would take one lesson at night and I would do the lesson in the morning. It made it much easier and not as much anxiety on one parent.
After Akoy finished all 100 lessons, we went to ice cream. We went after my nieces baptism. Hence the Sunday clothes.
![]() |
| THE LAST STORY! |
![]() |
| Reading to his brother (a couple months ago) |
![]() |
| Picking flavors |
![]() |
| So proud of himself! |








1 comments:
This is so great! I'm going to do this someday. Jack has the same problem. An August birthday. We don't know what to do either. We would hold him back if he wanted to play sports but how are you supposed to know if your kid will play sports when they are only in kindergarten?
Post a Comment