I have been trying really hard to not give Akoy as much screen time as he normally uses. I made little pictures of all his toys and then one of netflix and the apple tv. Through out the day he can pick what to do. He loves to figure out what toy he wants to play with next. He is always in that phase of questions. What is this called, Where did we get it, who bought it, why, why why! It's cute though. He is also developing a really good polite side. Instead of saying, 'give me the keys' he says 'can I please have the keys?'. Can I sentences. It's awesome! He always tells me thank you, or please. This morning as I was getting ready to sub, he told me "mom, you look pretty" (probably because I actually got ready before 7 and my hair was down). He gets so excited for Lily to do new things. He loves going to the store. Probably because they give him suckers or cookies.
I feel like I'm always behind on something. Whether playing with the kids, or dishes, housework, laundry, our marriage, knowing how to deal with things, being a good mother and friend and trying to fufil church duties and anything else that I should be doing. I don't know how people keep up with it all, and I'm even in a small apartment! Luckily, last night I got in a cleaning streak to make sure my house was clean and everything (except 1 load in the dryer) is caught up for when a babysitter came today for the kids. This week has been a really funny week. 1st off, I really don't mind helping people out, in fact I perfer to when I have the time. I was in a bad mood and being really self focused into a poor me stage. Sunday after reading the visiting teaching message (which I'm trying to get in a good habit of going) I realized I needed to focus more on service. So I prayed for that. oh.my.goodness. I wish all of my prayers were answered like that. Now, if you are reading this and I watched your kid this week, don't feel bad :) I really enjoyed it. Monday (nothing planned) I ended up with 3 different families throughout the day. Most of it was great timing but it got a little chaotic when 4 kids need a bath and food and a baby and trying to get everything done. (bryson was at class and gone all day) Then Wednesday I had 2 more families at the same time and yesterday I just had one other kid. It was all really good, and Akoy loved playing with people and friends. I love seeing him in that mode. I decided to take a sub job today and get out of the house and earn some money. I got called everyday this week. Bryson has been super busy so I couldn't do it anyways. So it ended up being a good thing that I babysat almost every day so I didn't feel bad missing an opportunity to make money. I ended up calling someone to watch the kids today. Thanks Nikki! I have really enjoyed substituting. I miss being in the schools a lot, but I would miss my kids more if I had to leave them everyday. So this is a perfect solution. I have also started selling personalized crayon rolls on this facebook page that Lincoln has- Linconsign. I have had a great turn out and have earned some extra money to buy the kids things. I feel like they are all growing out of their clothes and shoes. I should have a lot more orders for Christmas. I'm only allowed to post on the 1st of every month. So the end of the month is usually dead. I have three that I need to start before next weeks orders. Akoy loves going to the fabric store to get people fabric. ha
Bryson has had a fairly relaxed (still intense, but so much better) semester so far. He will have a busy couple of weeks with a few deadlines but he will get through it. The kids cherish their time with him so much. Lately it seems that most days, he leaves before the kids wake up and then has night classes every night. We try to get lunch with him or face time him. Lily gets so excited when she sees him on the phone or when he gets home. Both kids run and attack him. I love their relationship that they have. Akoy gets so excited in the morning if Bryson is still home. With his night classes, I feel like our dinners are getting worse. It's hard to cook for me and the kids when Bryson doesn't get home till late. Hopefully I will get the hang of it. The other day we picked Bryson up from work and had this conversation:
A:Daddy you go to work so you can get money?
B: Yeah I did
A:Oh, give the money to mommy
B: Why
A: Because mommy spends money! (ha.. okay)
He couldn't answer what I was going to buy. I sold his basketball hoop because he never plays with it and he keeps asking Bryson to get money so we can buy it back. He was in tears the other day because he couldn't find it. Christmas maybe? Not worth the $8 I sold it for.
| We have had these curtains for over a year. Our room is always dark! Makes me want to take lots of naps! |
I put up our Halloween decorations the other day. I have some paper ball things from when I taught school. I got them 4 years ago. They were still great and I can use them. Apparently Akoy thought they were pinatas, climbed up on the couch and began hitting one with him music maker stick. He was so sad when their was no candy. I got after him, then put him in time out. After time out he came and talked to me. He saw a roll of tape on the ground and said "Don't worry mom, we can tape it." ha. I wanted to laugh so bad but tried to disipline. He went on to say "We can fix it in Joy School" They don't even use tape in joy school but I put tape in his backpack. So apparently next week they will fix it.



2 comments:
Good update! You know, we did use tape this past week in Joy School for the Doctor Bags, so I'm wondering if that's why he now associates tape with Joy School??
Great whacking Akoy! It's so hard to get mad at kids when they are being cute or funny. I'm not good at keeping a straight face. You had QUITE the week! Heavenly Father must have been waiting for someone to ask for service opportunities. You were the only one who asked so he gave them all to you ;)
Post a Comment