Friday, July 8, 2011

Camping

Tonight Bryson went camping for Young Men's. As of this morning no young men, 3 leaders from our ward and then 2 young men and a leader from the other ward were the only ones attending. Luckily by some miracle the ym's president got 4 men to go from our ward! It was truly a miracle. (the ym are not very active here in Lincoln) All the guys were instructed to bring a tinfoil dinner. Bryson's version of a tinfoil dinner is a lunchable. That's how he had it growing up. BUT being the nice wife I am, I made Bryson and a few other guys tinfoil dinners. Bryson's not a fan of veggies, but such is life! :) 


I called my dad, looked online and 'pre-made' the tinfoil dinners. This way, heating is the only step over the fire. Cooking takes WAY to long. My mom always did this when we went to camp, and everyone was always envious that we were eating while they waited an hour or so for their dinner to cook. As I was cooking the dinners, everything was tasting so delicious! So I took a handful off of each of the 4 dinners and made myself a little one. :) Not long after I came up with my brilliant plan of having a campout with Akoy!


After nap time I took Akoy out to the playground and had him climb up the 'rock' slide. It's practically the same thing as rock climbing ;)


We came inside and had our dinners. To no surprise, Akoy did not want anything to do with the dinner. So he opted for mac and cheese. 
Getting all toasty!

"Soul mates"
Our neighbors came over and we 'roasted' our smores in the oven. I got the idea from one of my neighbors growing up on her here. (I actually bought all the stuff a month ago when she posted it! I jsut haven't made them yet) They turned out perfect! Poor Akoy, accidently touched the pan that had just been in the oven on broil and burned his hand. It scared him more than anything. However, he wanted nothing to do with the smore since it was the cause of the burn. 
At least one kid enjoyed his Smore!
We ended our campout watching Letter Factory in his Cars tent. 


This is our kind of camping :) Dad can sleep outside in a tent and we can sleep comfortably in our own beds and have access to whatever we please!

Best of all, I can sew until my heart desires! And I don't even have to feel guilty that Bryson getting ignored because he is probably putting up with a bunch of teenage boys anyways!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just went though and saw your updates. First off... that pic of the tent.. It looks like a poster pic. Super cute! I kept looking at it trying to figure out how it was tent and if it was real.

2nd... love the smore idea. I'm going to have to try it.

3rd... LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake. Something else I'll have to try. Maybe for the 24th?? Do you have the recipe? Maybe its posted on the blog... I'll have to go look back at the post.

And lastly... Akoy is too cute and you are the cutest prego little lady ever. Wish I could be there for this little ones birth.

Unknown said...

One other thing... Where do you get all your little stickers for weeks or months or age??

Lish said...

What a great helper :) Man, I sure miss you! You are such a good mom!!!