Friday, February 13, 2009

I told my students!

I decided to make Valentines a little more fun by telling my students that i'm having a baby! It was a lot of fun. I put together a scavenger hunt and gave them clues to find teachers that are at my school. In the teachers room there was a present. Before they could open the present they had to find the other half of a heart they were given. Another group had the other half. After they completed their heart they could open their presents. In one of the presents there was something to do with a baby, then in the other there was a treat or snack that had something to do with a baby. Then they had to guess that their teacher was pregnant! My first group was a group of boys and they couldn't figure it out. It was pretty funny! Eventually they all got it and were excited! They were full of questions. Some of the girls claimed to already know but who knows! I had fun telling them! One girl just couldn't wait to call her mom!! They are a fun group! Here are some picture of today!

Before it all began
First Group to finish:
They couldn't figure out why there was baby stuff. It took a few minutes
More Groups



These girls figured it out pretty fast




This little boy got a diaper.. It was on his head the rest of the time..


All of the stuff that they had to open.
What a fun day!
My room mom's were great and they had a few projects for my kids to do! I hope they all had fun. It defiantly sounded like that.

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is such a cute idea! Your kids were so cute when they came in! Congrats! I am so happy for you friend!

Megan said...

That was such a great idea! I know how much work and effort you put into all of it. You are going to be an awesome mom! :)