This all started a few months ago when I received a Cricut for my birthday. Being big disney fans I really wanted to get the Mickey Mouse cartridge. In order to justify my purchase, I decided to do both kids partys themed with Mickey or Minnie. Later on I decided it would be easier to just combine them. If we were living near family, we would have separated them.
This past summer Bryson has be SOOO busy. Instead of watching TV or movies at night (like we sometimes do) Bryson read every night. A few of our friends also moved away for the summer. So I had a semi lonely summer ahead of me. SO I decided to play with my new cricut and plan the party! It would consume my time at night and plan the kids party. My kids will probably not have this nice of a party ever again. At least, I won't spend this much time on it. But I loved doing it and I LOVED how everything came together. I forgot a few things but they were minor and that was to be expected.
The party itself went great! As good as it can get with 15 kids + babies. Super crazy and hectic! I convinced my mom to come out and was so grateful! She and a neighbor of ours helped set everything up. My neighbor took care of dishes and other things while the party was going on. This helped me so much because I was actually able to enjoy the party! Thanks to my friend Sarah, for taking the pictures! It was so nice to enjoy everything that I worked so hard on.
After a couple months work, browsing pinterest and a few trips to buy paper, hours on the phone with cricut, I present the kids party. This took place at our apartment clubhouse.
| Akoy is 3 and Lily is 1! |
| These cookies took forever but turned out so cute! My friends Sarah and Torrie helped. I don't know why I thought I could do it all myself! ha :) |
| The table wasn't completely done but I was running out of time when we took pictures. |
| Bryson sewed all of these! I love it! |
| We took pictures of all the kids in front of these pictures. |
| Pin the ears on Akoy. I put the husband in charge of a blindfold.. |
| Akoy was the only one to completely get it off the picture! |
| A boy hitting it vs.. |
| A girl hitting vs.. |
| an adult! ha. I love the comparison. It may look like it broke open, but it was not. Apparently I made it to strong. |
| This table was my favorite because it was completely my own idea! No pinterest! :) |
![]() |
| Lets just say, Lily loves sugar... Why I made black frosting is beyond me.. Not the best for a 1 yr old. |
| I love this picture! |















9 comments:
Turned out fabulous. Sorry I couldn't stay for longer to take the rest of the pictures. How did the black frosting come off the skin?
Thanks for all your help Sarah! My mom cleaned her and said it was greasy and hard to clean but it came off! :)
Great Job! Looks like you put a lot of hard work into EVERYTHING! Might have to steal some ideas for Ellie's 2nd b-day. She is way into Mickey Mouse!
I felt like I was there in spirit... now I feel like I was really there. Incredible party, Mickelle! You can throw me a birthday party any day.
Wow girl! You took on quite the project with that birthday party! I'm way impressed with everything. It looks amazing. The black frosting is AWESOME. Those are some fantastic cake digging pictures. Have you seen your face in the picture off the man hitting the pinata? I love it. Good job Mickelle
You are amazing Mickelle! I'm so impressed! It looks like it was so fun!
Great job Mickelle! I love all the decorations! Happy birthday Akoy and Lily!
Holy Crap! Come do my birthday :) It looks great!
WOW! I want a party like this!!!
Post a Comment